High Tea at the Grand Floridian

Untitled
(Our last visit to WDW was back in Jan 2013, feels like a lifetime ago. During the visit, I took in some afternoon tea with my dearest friends. It's one of my favorite memories from that trip! Here's my review)

I've always had a love for tea, but as of late it's taking over. Again. It happens during the colder seasons every year.My friend suggested and set up a reservation for Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian. It hit right in the middle of the day and was absolutely perfect.

Untitled

We arrived via monorail to the Grand Floridian and upon entering the building we were greeted by a ... greeter. My friend told me to look down almost instantly, where I found myself standing on a marble Mickey! The marble flooring is decorated with beautiful floral designs as well as Disney characters.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

We toured around the resort and spotted the new Alice in Wonderland play area. We rushed down the grand stair case and outside to snap a few photos and take in the details. Of course we fell in love with it.

Untitled

Untitled 

Untitled

After we headed in to check in for our reservation and check out the lobby. I kept looking up and taking in all the details. It's the least Disney feeling resort we walked into but still beautiful and charming. It really felt like we had wondered up from steerage. Never got caught though.


Untitled


Untitled

Untitled

 Untitled

Untitled

Finally it was time for a tea! At the entrance, a large Chip and Mrs. Potts marble tile decorates the floor.

Untitled

Untitled

We were seated next to the window with a view that I'm sure is super lovely once the construction is completed.
After checking out the menu, we all decided to have The Grand Tea selection. Mine with the Garden View blend.

 Untitled

150977_339028109545434_981460470_n

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


First we were presented with our tea with it's awesome cozy, sparkling wine and tea sandwiches with scary duck roll thingie and caramalized onion tart. After sipping everything and lovingly giving away my scary duck roll thingie, I nibbled on the super yummy sandwiches. They were chicken salad, salmon, curry, and pear with gorgonzola. I saved the pear for last and it was AMAZING. They all were. The onion tart was perfect as well.

67058_339028086212103_346094024_n

We played the pass the tea around as one of us got the Mad Hatter blend which pretty much tasted like a bouquet. I liked it a lot but was really happy with the Garden Blend which was a soft black tea. It's all exclusive to the resort and so if I want more, which I do, we'll have to book another trip to WDW. Ugh, the things I do for good tea. ;)

Untitled

309839_339028392878739_1656725175_n
 

 Next up was the most perfect scone with clotted cream, lemon curd and a jam tart. I can say that I had never had clotted cream before and I could not let it go to waste. I put it on everything. EVERYTHING.

21981_339028532878725_526939792_n

Untitled

To end off our Afternoon Tea, dessert was presented to us. We were offered one of three choices. Cute tiny puffy things filled with sweet things, strawberries and cream or a berry trifle made with brandy and custard. 

Take a wild guess which one we decided to go with.

Untitled

Untitled

Perfectly sweet and smooth, the trifle was very yummy and hit the spot. It was a perfect way to end tea with friends.

This was amazing and unexpected. We dressed up for the occasion and had so much fun. We drank a bucket of tea each and gabbed like girls should. It was wonderful and I'm so happy to have been invited.

Cheers!

*i

Originally posted here.


Comments